2DAC (Two Days at the Capitol)
March 7 and April 25, 2017 | Capital City Club, Columbia, SC
As leading voices for public schools, the visibility of local school board members advocating for the students, teachers and parents in their district is so important. SCSBA’s lobbying days brings local school board members and other public education advocates from across the state to the State House for face-to-face meetings with House and Senate lawmakers to advocate for a variety of key education issues including funding reform, flexibility and local control.
To view photos of the March 16, 2016 2DAC, please click here.
Capital City Club
1201 Main Street, Suite 2500
Columbia, SC 29201
The Capital City Club, located on the 25th floor of the Southtrust building at the corner of Assembly and Gervais streets and across the street from the State House.
For directions from your location, please click here (opens in new window).
Parking is available in the parking garage adjacent to the building and can be accessed on Assembly Street or Lady Street. The hourly parking fee is $1 per hour with a maximum of $10 for the day. Two-hour metered parking is also available on Assembly and Main streets.
2DAC is two days during the legislative session for board members, superintendents and other public school advocates to:
- spend time at the State House meeting with their legislators to discuss legislation impacting public schools
- attend legislative committee meetings
- increase the visibility and voice of local school boards
5 points; 2 hours
2015 2DAC handouts (archive)
- To view photos of the March 18, 2015 2DAC, please click here.
- March 18, 2015 2DAC: Handout (PDF)
- March 18, 2015 2DAC: Summary of legislative issues for legislators (PDF)
- To view photos of the May 13, 2015 2DAC, please click here.
- May 13, 2015 2DAC: Handout (PDF)
- May 13, 2015 2DAC: Summary of legislataive issues for legislators (PDF)
2014 2DAC handouts (archive)