SCSBA Council of School Attorneys (COSA) is a professional organization of the association dedicated to the advancement of education in the state. COSA’s mission consists of the following:
- To identify and discuss legal concerns for members to assist with the practice of education law.
- To provide a forum for the dissemination and analysis of legal information.
- To provide members the means to participate in the legislative discussions regarding education matters before the general assembly.
- To present continuing legal education opportunities throughout the year.
Membership consists of attorneys in private practice who represent school districts and education entities such as the state board of education, attorneys within the state department of education, attorneys employed as in-house counsel for school districts, and SCSBA staff attorneys.
It’s time to renew your membership in the South Carolina and National School Boards Association’s Council of School Attorneys. We are also accepting applications for new members. The calendar year for membership is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. Dues for the year are $280 for attorneys in private practice and $210 for in-house school district counsel (school district employees) and counsel for other government entities.
2018 Fall Legal Summit
The South Carolina Council of School Attorneys will gather Friday, August 24, at the Marriott at Grand Dunes for the Fall 2018 Legal Summit.
- Can you meet me at the corner of FOIA Avenue and Litigation Boulevard?
- School De-Segregation: Six decades after Brown. Where are we now?
- Walking a Tightrope Between District Responsibility and Parental Rights
- Federal Update
- Tinker and Beyond: What are students’ First Amendment rights?
Location: Marriott at Grand Dunes
Date: Friday, August 24, 2018
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Attendees: Open to COSA members only.
Purpose: A forum to exchange ideas and collaborate on relevant education issues.
CLE credit: Will be available.
Registration is now open. To register, click here.