Legislative Preview Webinar
October 18, 2017 | Noon – 1 p.m. | Online
Legislative advocacy is a key objective for SCSBA, and providing timely information to board members throughout the state is a top priority. So each fall, the SCSBA legislative team hosts a webinar to discuss the education issues likely to be debated when the General Assembly returns in January. An overview of the issues and talking points are provided during the webinar to prepare school boards and other public school advocates for meetings that may occur with local legislators in November or December before the legislative session begins. Board members, administrators, and other advocates can view the webinar at their district offices or on a computer at home.
There is no registration for this event. Board secretaries must email the names of participating board members following the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 3.
This workshop takes place online.
- teacher shortage
- start date
- school bus safety
Board members who participate will earn 5 points and 1 hour of credit in the SCSBA Boardmanship Institute. Board secretaries must email the names of participating board members to Sandy Poole at email@example.com by Friday, November 3.
- Download 2017 Legislative Preview webinar handout (PDF)
- Download 2017 Legislative Preview webinar flyer (PDF)
2016 Webinar (archive)
- Download 2016 Legislative Preview webinar flyer (PDF)
- Download the 2016 Legislative Preview webinar handout (PDF)
2015 Webinar (archive)
- Watch the 2015 Legislative Preview webinar (opens new window)
- Download 2015 Legislative Preview webinar handout (PDF)
- Download 2015 Legislative Preview webinar PowerPoint (PPT)
- Download 2015 Legislative Preview webinar flyer (PDF)
2014 Webcast (archive)
- Watch the 2014 Legislative Preview Webcast (opens new window)
- Download 2014 Legislative Preview Webcast PowerPoint (PDF)
- Download 2014 Legislative Preview Webcast handout (PDF)
- Download 2014 Legislative Preview webcast flyer (PDF)
2013 Webcast handouts (archive)