SCSBA will continually update resources for members as information is developed to support school boards and school leaders. Information will also be shared through SCSBA communication channels, including e-Focus and direct messages to members. Please continue to check back for updates and additional resources.
AccelerateED, a task force comprised of educators and administrators representing all aspects of the K-12 public education system, is charged with studying barriers to school operations and student learning during the COVID-19 pandemic and providing recommendations on how schools and districts can best restart in the fall.
Statements and media releases
When communicating with employees, students and families about Coronavirus, here are a few helpful key messages and tips to keep in mind:
- The priority is the health and safety of students and employees.
- Schools work closely with public health officials and rely heavily on their guidance because they are the experts.
- Local and state health departments are the best resources for current information about Coronavirus.
- Emphasize what is known at the time of the communication.
- Include the date/time in all communications, including social media posts, because information can change quickly.
- Include best hygiene practices in communications.
- Create a web page that can be easily updated to links with the most current information from reliable sources, including the local and state health departments and the Centers for Disease Control.
- The best way to combat rumors and speculation is easy access to reliable information.
View a Special Message from the SCSBA Board of Directors here.