2DAC March 13 and April 10
SCSBA’s lobbying days bring local school board members and other public education advocates from across the state to the State House for face-to-face meetings with House and Senate lawmakers to advocate for a variety of key education issues including funding reform, flexibility and local control.
Get on board!
Download SCSBA’s new guide to school board member roles and responsibilities here.
SCSBA Lunch and Learn Legislative Update Webinar
The Monday, March 4 webinar featured an update on the S.C. Career Opportunity and Access for All Act and other education legislation that is moving through the House and Senate. Participants had the chance to ask questions and interact with presenters.
There is no fee for Lunch and Learn webinars, but when you register online, you receive an email with detailed instructions and system requirements for participating.
- To register for the March 18, 2019 webinar click here.
- To view the recorded March 4 webinar, click here.
- To view the recorded February 11 webinar, click here.
- Download February 11 webinar PowerPoint presentation here.
- Review House Bill 3759 here.
- Read the SC Career and Opportunity Access for All Act here.
Cherokee superintendent search
SCSBA is assisting the Cherokee County School District Board of Trustees in the search for their new superintendent. All applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven record of exceptional leadership and submit the following information no later than April 10, 2019:
- a letter indicating interest in the position;
- a completed application form, including the applicant’s statement section;
- a current resume; and
- three letters of reference written within the last six months.
Information must be submitted electronically to Judy LeGrand, SCSBA Executive Assistant to the Executive Director and Superintendent Search Coordinator, at email@example.com. Applicants will be required to demonstrate their ability to meet all certification requirements prior to being interviewed.
S.C. School Report Cards
- New! Information about S.C. School Report Cards
- To view the recorded webinar click here.
- Download the webinar flyer here.
- Download the Guide to the 2018 S.C. School Report Cards here.
- Download the South Carolina School Accountability Overview PowerPoint here.
New! Introducing the SCSBA Sharing Hub
The SCSBA Sharing Hub is a place for board members to share successful programs, initiatives and ideas. Click here to join the SCSBA Sharing Hub Facebook group. Once you “join the group,” you will be able to make posts, attach files and share photographs and videos that will help others understand the great programs happening in your district. The sharing hub is an idea that was developed by SCSBA President Wesley Hightower and SCSBA staff as a place for board members to collaborate, with the goal of expanding opportunities for all students. School Board members, school districts staff, Associates and Affiliates are encouraged to join.
Partner with us
SCSBA Associate Members and President’s Club Members allow SCSBA to expand services to school boards and provide invaluable statewide training and networking opportunities for the district leadership teams who work on behalf of South Carolina’s public school children.
Your membership demonstrates your support of public schools and those who serve them.