Get on board!
Download SCSBA’s new guide to school board member roles and responsibilities here.
2018 Policy and Legal Services webinar Oct. 3
Join SCSBA Policy and Legal Services staff for a Q&A webinar to review policy highlights for the 2018-2019 school year. Topics you may have questions about include education-related legislation, case law, state and federal regulations, agency guidance documents or model policies and rules that were included in the 2018 Policy and Legislative Update.
- Flyer: Download the webinar flyer here.
- Questions: Feel free to submit your questions to email@example.com prior to the webinar or tune in and submit your questions live on October 3.
- Registration: There is no fee for the webinar, but when you register online, you will receive an email with detailed instructions and system requirements for participating in the webinar.
New! Introducing the SCSBA Sharing Hub
The SCSBA Sharing Hub is a place for board members to share successful programs, initiatives and ideas. Click here to join the SCSBA Sharing Hub Facebook group. Once you “join the group,” you will be able to make posts, attach files and share photographs and videos that will help others understand the great programs happening in your district. The sharing hub is an idea that was developed by SCSBA President Wesley Hightower and SCSBA staff as a place for board members to collaborate, with the goal of expanding opportunities for all students. School Board members, school districts staff, Associates and Affiliates are encouraged to join.
Risky Business October 17-19
- Download seminar flyer or visit Risky Business page.
- Register online today!
- The hotel block is now open. Book your group rate for SCSBA-SCSBIT Risky Business Seminar.
Legislative Advocacy Conference and Delegate Assembly Dec. 7-9
The much anticipated SCSBA Legislative Advocacy Conference and Delegate Assembly sets the stage for all the legislative action that takes place from January through June each year in our state’s capitol. Learn what will likely be the General Assembly’s top education issues in 2019 from state political, policy and budgetary leaders and find out how your voice can make a difference!
Partner with us
SCSBA Associate Members and President’s Club Members allow SCSBA to expand services to school boards and provide invaluable statewide training and networking opportunities for the district leadership teams who work on behalf of South Carolina’s public school children.
Your membership demonstrates your support of public schools and those who serve them.