SCSBA staff work with a board on all phases of a superintendent search. Services may include advertising a superintendent position regionally or nationally, receiving applications, conducting reference checks, arranging on-site visits, leading community meetings or focus groups and working with the local media. SCSBA can also assemble a three-person panel to objectively review applications on the board’s behalf. SCSBA handles the logistics of the search but does not make employment recommendations or hire the superintendent. The local board maintains control of the process at every stage.
Lexington Two Board of Trustees announces superintendent search
The Board of Trustees of the Lexington Two School District seeks a superintendent of schools. All candidates should be able to demonstrate a proven record of exceptional leadership with the following additional qualifications.
- A visible, accessible, approachable leader who is committed to building mutual respect and trust and serving as a model and mentor among staff.
- An administrator with thorough knowledge of and successful experience in school district management including information technology, staff development, program assessment, accountability measures and school improvement.
- A person who understands the complexities of school finance, has the ability to interpret educational and financial data, and who will maximize the use of resources in support of the educational programs of the district.
- A leader with a vision of educational excellence, who will work cooperatively with the board of education and building relationships with students, staff, parents and the community to achieve academic excellence for all students.
- A leader who has the ability to analyze current situations, initiate appropriate action, inform the board of trustees when advisable, and who will provide leadership in the development of short-and long-term goals for the district.
- An articulate communicator with strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work creatively, effectively, and visibly with board members, staff, students, parents and the community.
The candidate will begin as Superintendent-elect on July 1, 2020; then he/she will become Superintendent on July 1, 2021.
Candidates are requested to submit all application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2020.
BAMBERG SCHOOL DISTRICT ONE ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY INTERIM SUPERINTENDENT
Bamberg School District One, located in the midlands of South Carolina approximately seventeen miles from Orangeburg, is accepting resumes for the position of interim superintendent. The applicant should be certified or certifiable as a superintendent in South Carolina. A letter of interest and resume should be submitted to: Dr. David Eubanks, Consultant to the Board of Trustees, 15 Tims Creek Rd, Roebuck, SC 29376.
Dr. David Eubanks