Civility partnership announced
SCSBA has partnered with the Municipal Association of SC to promote civility in public discourse. Find out more.
Partner with us
SCSBA Associate Members and President’s Club Members allow SCSBA to expand services to school boards and provide invaluable statewide training and networking opportunities for the district leadership teams who work on behalf of South Carolina’s public school children.
Your membership demonstrates your support of public schools and those who serve them.
- Download the Associate Membership brochure here.
- Download the President’s Club flyer here.
- For more information, please contact Gwen Hampton, Director of Leadership Development.
Throughout the year, SCSBA recognizes the people and organizations around South Carolina whose hard work and dedication benefit our public schools. Find out more.
2023: Save the dates!
- New Board Orientation Make-up – June 8
- School Law Conference – August 26-27
- Risky Business Seminar – October 4-6
- Beyond the Basics – October 12
- Legislative Advocacy Conference and Delegate Assembly – December 2-3
FOIA – Freedom of Information Act
SCSBA offers on-site training for boards and administrators on current FOIA laws and best practices. For more information, click here.
The Board of Trustees of the Lancaster County School District seeks a superintendent of schools. The deadline for application is June 5, 2023. Downloads: vacancy notice, brochure, application.
The Board of Trustees of the Marlboro County School District seeks a superintendent of schools.. The deadline for application is June 5, 2023. Downloads: vacancy notice, brochure, application.
Get on board!
Download SCSBA’s guide to school board member roles and responsibilities.